- Collection of Information
- Third Party Advertising & Analytics
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Laws
Collection of InformationA. Information You Provide
When you sign-up for, and otherwise use the Services, we will collect and store information that you disclose to us including such personal information as your name, [your chosen user name], email address, mailing address, phone number, [photograph], employment history and details, education history and details, your biography and your preferences, opinions and other information regarding potential employers. As our Services evolve, you may be prompted to provide additional personal employment, education and other historical information.
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including as follows:
- Log Files. Like most standard web site servers we use log files. These include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze user movement.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services. We may also identify other software running on the device (but will not collect any content from such software) for anti-fraud and malware-prevention purposes.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Communications Features. You may be able to take part in certain activities within our Services that give you the opportunity to communicate or share information not just with Codeity, but also with other users of our Services. We may record and store archives of these communications on Codeity’s servers to protect the safety and wellbeing of our users and Codeity’s rights and property in connection with the Services. You acknowledge and consent to the recording and storage of such communications for these purposes.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
USE OF INFORMATION
We, as well as our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents, use information about you to allow you to register for our Services and to administer and process the registration, communicate with you about our Services and related issues, evaluate and improve the quality of our Services, track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services and to deliver the information and support you request. We also use information about you to improve and personalize the Services.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including prospective employers and service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf;
- With others who have signed up for Codeity accounts in order to provide our Services;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to enforce applicable agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and to protect us, end users, or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
- With your consent.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
The information we collect from you is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to help us prevent unauthorized access to your account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
- Personal Information. You may delete your account, change or correct information about yourself by logging into your account and visiting the [account] page at any time. We may retain archived copies of information about you.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages or push notifications from Codeity by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications about your account or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
Please contact our Privacy Department with any questions or concerns regarding our policy either via email (email@example.com) or via standard mail at Codeity, Inc., Attn: Privacy Department, 16 18th Ave., Venice, CA 90291.